With the COVID-19 developments throughout the United States, we want you to be assured that your health and well-being is important to us. We thank our clients, families and Boulay team members for their understanding, patience and support in the new norm of doing business during an unprecedented time navigating the rapidly evolving changes and response to COVID-19.
Our Readiness & Response team is monitoring the situation daily and following recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local authorities such as the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH).
To protect our staff and clients against virus spread, we have implemented information sharing through technology options and other minimal contact practices. Boulay offices have the infrastructure to work virtually in remote settings. As of today, we have recommended most employees work remotely while maintaining the timelines and quality of the work we are doing for you. Our goal is to ensure key functions of our business operate seamlessly so essential services continue uninterrupted.
Boulay does have essential staff on site and we have implemented the following:
- Sending or receiving tax return documents and data
- Mail: All tax return documents and data can be mailed using the addressed tax organizer you originally received from Boulay in early January.
- Curb-side: Clients can drop off or pick-up documents for their tax return using a curb-side system at our Eden Prairie, MN or Naples, FL offices. Once you arrive in the parking lot, you can call the Eden Prairie main line at 952.893.9320 or the Naples main line at 239.325.1100. A Boulay person will come down and pick-up your documents so you don’t need to leave your car.
- Eden Prairie drop bin: A bin clearly marked is located on our 8th floor right outside the elevators for you to drop off your documents.
- Boulay Portal: If you have access to scan your documents or take images of them, you can upload the files to our portal at https://portal.boulaygroup.com/. CLICK HERE for directions on how to create or activate your user account.
- We have cancelled all international and domestic travel until at least the end of April for our employees.
- We have suspended all in person client meetings and events at Boulay for the next 30 days and will continue to evaluate if an extension is required. If you have a meeting scheduled, a member of your Boulay team will be in contact with you to discuss holding the meeting remotely via conference call or other technologies available to us.
There has been no official proposal in Congress to extend the deadline in 2020. As of today, the deadline for filing remains April 15, 2020. Boulay will continue to update as appropriate.
We appreciate your trust as we continue to monitor COVID-19 developments and adjust our policies accordingly. We will continue to develop, update and share guidance with our team members so they are fully informed of how to safeguard themselves, their families and their clients against spreading of the virus.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your Boulay team members if you have questions or concerns.