Is an ESOP the Right Tool for Your Business?
May 24, 2016 | 7:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Interlachen Country Club
6200 Interlachen Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55436
ESOPs are one of the most popular ways for business owners to transition ownership of their company to their employees.
Join us to learn more!
- Tax benefits of 100%‐owned S‐corp ESOPs
- Advantages and challenges of ESOPs
- Why owners choose ESOPs over other options
- Financing ESOP transactions
- How to use an ESOP to leave a legacy
- 7:30–8:00 a.m. – Breakfast & Registration
- 8:00–8:45 a.m. – Panel 1: Perspectives from ESOP Experts
- 8:45–9:30 a.m. – Panel 2: Experiences from ESOP‐owned Companies
- 9:30–10:00 a.m. – Networking
Dan Markowitz, CPA, Partner at Boulay
Dan is a partner at Boulay and leads the firm’s ESOP practice. In addition to working with ESOP companies, he specializes in audit, consulting, and accounting services for clients in a wide variety of industries including retail, real estate, professional services and manufacturing and distribution.
Dick Shuma, Managing Director ‐ Financial Advisory Services at BMO Harris Bank
Dick has deep corporate finance/capital markets experience in the banking and investment banking disciplines including: Traditional Senior Finance, Leveraged Finance, Valuation, Corporate Strategic Advisory, Buy and Sell‐Side M&A Advisory Engagements and ESOP Structure, Feasibility and Financing. He is the head of the ESOP practice group at BMO.
Thomas Walker, Shareholder at Winthrop & Weinstine
Thomas is a shareholder with Winthrop & Weinstine and practices in the areas of employee benefits law, trusts and estate planning and general corporate law, with expertise in employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs) and business succession planning.
Please RSVP by May 17, 2016
BMO Harris Bank
Winthrop & Weinstine