How Businesses Build Efficient Information Security Programs
June 26, 2019
7:45 - 10:00 a.m.
7500 Flying Cloud Drive, Suite 800, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Effective Security Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive
Lean and effective information security programs are an absolute necessity in today's world. No crystal ball is necessary. Every organization will be impacted by a cyber-attack at some point in its lifecycle—sometimes more than once. The pain experienced during these attacks is entirely dependent on the effort spent prior to the attack. While breaches can be very costly, security programs don't have to be.
Join Ryan Elmer, Technology Risk Advisory Manager at Boulay, as he leads an executive-level discussion on how high-performing organizations understand and manage their information security risk across the entity-—not just through IT.
• Define what is important through an asset-driven security program
• Create a common language to discuss information security risk with technical and non-technical people
• Establish acceptable levels of risk
• Formalize applicable controls and determine their importance
• Discover vulnerabilities in technology, people and processes that add risk
• Construct programs that manage risk
• Determine if the existing and newly created programs are effective
Attendees will learn how to:
• Define what is important and what's not
• Translate IT jargon and business-speak
• Create the playbook
• Discover vulnerabilities
• Construct effective programs
Registration includes breakfast.
Ryan Elmer, Technology Risk Advisory Manager at Boulay
Ryan heads the Technology Risk specialty at Boulay. He assists clients within the realm of technology risk, including governance, risk management and compliance, and information security. Prior to joining the firm, Ryan held varying positions in the IT industry from technologist to auditor. A frantic author and popular speaker, Ryan enjoys educating on information security. When not in front of a computer, Ryan enjoys reading, playing a few instruments, collecting vinyl, infrequent exercise and being a dad.
Click here to register today!